JR-550:

I find these depreciation discussions a bit strange. I am the happy owner of a 911 Turbo, R8 and AMG GTC-C. If you are into these cars you know in advance before buying you are going to be faced with hefty depreciation. Even my 911 Turbo Convertible will lose a lot of money in the first 2 years. So, if you buy a car like this you better be ready to keep them for a number of years, or you know you lose a lot of money. Making money on cars (your hobby) is only possible for a few cars and not for these “not so special” but nice sportscars.

Depreciation only hurts if you keep these cars for a short while only. Smiley

I paid 254k EUR (after discount) for my Huracan Performante. 

I plan to drive the car for at least four years and then I'll see (depending on reliability, my desire for a new car or whatever). I doubt that after four years or ownership and around 30000 km (I have almost 13000 km now), the car's value will drop below 180k EUR. So no big deal in my opinion. I had my fun. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)