ISUK:
watt:

Iain, I wouldn't say hint, it's glaringly clear and lovelykiss

Watt, I agree. I can see the references they've used on this car. The basic silhouette, if you draw a simple curved line, is also evident from the 612 to the Roma. The V8 car is a shorter and sportier version of this curve.

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 16.34.04.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 16.54.12.png

I did a very quick overlay of the upper silhouette of the 612 onto the Roma to illustrate this curved line they share. The hood of the Roma is obviously shorter.

Roma 612.PNG

Ian, as Watt quoted: " There is a hint of the 612 Scaglietti in the scallop along the flanks running from the rear of the front wheel arch and along the doors". This description is exquisite English. And as you wrote, to me the Roma, among other visual impressions, looks like a better-balanced 612. Indeed the 612 Scaglietti started the brand's trend of long wheelbase on the 2+2 front-engined GTs to accomodate more space in the rear, which compromises the  design imho. One just has to compare the 456 GT (which I was enamored with back then) with the 612. On the other hand, the latter's design has aged very well and better than the former's imho, which might be due to specific components (wheels size and design, lights) as opposed to the general proportions and lines though, and looks lovely on the picture above. Smiley