Porker:
RC:

Stupid question: Aren't you afraid that one of them gets lost in the wilderness? Do they have a GPS tracker with a light  or sound signal or something similar on them? Would make sense.

Dogs tend to return to their pack/owners :) Wouldn't you return to where you know you're being fed/kept warm? Smiley

Because they get lost? Smiley 

Or even stuck? A neighbours dog entered our garden a few weeks ago and apparently wasn't able to exit the same way he entered, stupid bush Smiley. "Lucky" for him, he released the motion sensors in the garden and I saw him running around through a camera. Before I got out to check what is going on with that dog, the door bell rang and a "neighbour" was looking for his dog, his GPS collar indicated he was in our garden. 

This whole situation got messy though because the dog lost his collar in the garden (the collar probably fell off because of that stupid bush the dog entered the garden through) and the neighbour didn't want to leave without that "expensive" (90 EUR) collar. So I had to search the garden with my son to find that stupid collar...in the dark. The collar is supposed to have a blue blinking light and make a sound but the sound was barely hearable and the blue light was basically a cheap LED in blue color, which was not visible in the dark. We spent 30 minutes to look for that collar and the neighbour didn't even say thank you. Smiley He was from a couple of roads down the hill, there are smaller houses and he probably was offended why I didn't let him enter our garden. Smiley I will certainly not let a stranger (haven't seem him before) in my garden, in the dark. 

Long story short: These GPS collars aren't that bad, they seem to work (if they don't get stuck somewhere and get lost).

@Watt: I hope Sun Ra is going to be OK, keep us updated. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)