Leawood911:

I simply don’t understand you at all. You know some automakers who sell insurance for this reason so you think this is why Tesla does it?  You could not be more wrong. Lol. What part of call your agent and ask did you not get?  I told you my rates for progressive. They are dirt cheap to do Maude compared to ICE or other cars because they injury a I tide them rate is 10x less than other cars. People are still more expensive to fix than people. And a car need to have an accident for the repair cost to matter. Their all aluminum key is also expensive to fix. Yes insurance for a Tesla is not expensive.  I repeat - Elon is a disruptive force. He noticed how California was taking advantage with high insurance rates so he stepped in knowing he could monitor the cars remotely and reward good driving and low miles with much better rates.  Get off this notion they are expensive to insure. Call your agent.  Drop this sillyness. I pay $450 per year!! That is a bit more than $1 per day.  Same as for my wife’s Honda CRV. A car half a quick and 1/3 the value.   Explain to me again how expensive insurance is on a Tesla. 

Tesla selling their own insurance is a clear signal of a problem. Many OEMs did it over the last decades but most discontinued the practice. If Tesla does it this is certainly not „progressive“...