Whoopsy:
Leawood911:
Whoopsy:

Battery day didn't provide a boost to TSLA, they actually lost $50bil in market cap because of it.

Some innovative ideas was announced, but having the batteries being structural? What happens in an accident and needing repairs? Or the car can't be repaired and have to be scraped? Imagine insurance companies balking.

Then there is the bigger battery size. I still remember not long agin Elon was dissing the pouch cell approach of LG Chem, saying his small cells are an advantage, guess he doesn't have a choice but to go bigger anyways.

$25k car coming in 3 years. Hmm. That $25k now after inflation in the future will be more like 30-35k. IF they can keep that 3 year timeline, which for all intents and purposes they can't. They have yet to keep one single timeline target...............

These drops have happened after each announcement. It would be too easy to make money that way. They still don’t hurt for investors or customers. They need workers and engineers. 

There is a lot more to that new battery than form factor.  No tab. No liquid. No nasty process to make it. No cobalt!! He is just letting a little of what the benefits will be known.  As far as insurance - you will not find a cheaper car to insure  insurance companies have lowered rates on Tesla cars long ago.  Ridiculously cheap - don’t expect that to change. 

I think he has done okay with promises and timelines.  Some were expecting the million mile battery which he avoided. Like not showing the new model S design (it has to be a new chassis for that power level) he needs to manage current inventory. Probably even more than investors. Tech nerds like me know what he is up and it is pretty clever. 

Once he focuses on fit and finish including the new paint process they are preparing in Berlin talk of paying more for inferior quality will sound even stranger than paying more for less tech and performance. 

Trying saying that when the new structural battery Tesla gets into an accident and cannot be fix and has to be scrapped. Insurance companies aren't gonna like that and will adjust premiums accordingly. This is a very valid point that need explaining. He is also using structural adhesive to bind the batteries to the body structure, so in the event that the car can be repairs, it's going to be a hassle. 

Can you for once open your eyes and see things outside of your Tesla bubble? Can you be objective at all when viewing EVs? Tesla's press releases said and promised quite a few things, but there are more questions than answers and those needed to be clarified. 

First of all your insurance costs are pure speculation. The actual price insurance companies charge for Teslas are in fact very very low.  Even with where the batteries are now. Because the get into remarkable few accidents. I think we have witnessed each one here on Rennteam. Why would the price go up so much to insure it?  Pretty certain that an incident today would still cause a lot of damage to the batteries.  How is that 918 insurance, oh I forgot. But I get your concern. 
Anyway, it is a great example of the straws you desperately cling to in order to avoid cognitive dissonance. I get that. If one of us is in a bubble I might argue it is the one arguing for less speed and functionality in favor of higher price. That is what a real bubble looks like.  I am merely stating facts which make sense and can be understood by people making a living. You are in a luxury purse world trying to justify the excessive spending while I am making the case for a solid daily driver that is cheap.  Saying I’m the one in the bubble is perhaps something for the others to judge. 

In terms of unanswered questions - these is still a need for him to sell current cars.  Be glad because the other makers also still need to sell cars.  Do you see any other makers on the horizon with similar tech advances?  

And my eyes are open, which is how I found Tesla. No one had to rub my nose in it. Some with noses full of it still don’t smell the future.  I’m afraid clarifying questions for you is not Elon’s prime mission. And, I seriously doubt you would be receptive. That the word for it. Receptive.  

Full coverage insurance annually for my Model3 is $450. Lol. $1000 deductible.