Leawood911:
Whoopsy:
Enmanuel:
Whoopsy:

A dog is chasing a cat. Human eyes can see the dog running from the left driveway heading toward the road, autopilot can't, it can only see the dog when it reaches the road and gets into it's field of view before reacting to the incident. Same with children, football, whatever. 

When my father was teaching me how to drive he told me: If you ever see a ball on the road stop immediately, chances are a child is coming after it. 

Try teaching that to a Tesla Smiley

Why is that so funny?  I’m certain it already knows this.  
also, why is the concept of drivers aid so difficult to comprehend?  It adds to safety. Why would you want less safety and rely on just the human?  This thread will be awesome in a year or two. 

The 'driver aid' wasn't marketed as such nor labelled properly as such. Aid.

Tesla drivers simply blindly trust the system without doubt, even when the car itself tells them to pay attention. All those warnings inside the car are just offloading the legal liability to the driver.

But the drivers all 'trust' Elon, whatever he says is the gold standard. he called it 'Autopilot' and the mob simply take that as what it is. Autopilot, good for replacing human driving.

--