Leawood911:

B1E31B7C-60EC-4E20-9D5A-830E3DF4465D.jpegFor the price of ceramic brakes it’s a good deal. 
After using just the advanced autopilot which is included in the standard price I can’t even imagine long drives without it. 
To argue it is not safe when used as advertised is simply not true. It is like arguing that you can do math faster in your head than your calculator. Open your eyes guys. It’s the 21 st century. 
Of course full self driving is very much more difficult than a plane or boat. This explains why those systems already exist. It will be introduced in stages as we are witnessing. How long would it take if you did not take steps and gathered experience. This is what the AI is doing along with millions of miles of drivers training the system. Only one guy has the balls to do it. I can’t see any point in not being amazed unless one is just - I don’t know how to put this - insecure. 
Will there be accidents- of course. But it will be safer than human drivers by a lot. It already is. Look at insurance stats. 
For now the current Tesla hardware and software are obvious not at level 5. But it is a state of the art drivers aid. Well worth every penny- which if you don’t get the navigate on autopilot option - is included in the price. If you want to amuse yourself ponder how much Porsche would have charged to for my free advanced autopilot as an option ?  

I tend to dismiss arguments from companies who can’t get similar systems to work even a little.

btw my little car drove up and down Pikes peak on auto steer. Never used the brakes on the way down and gained 20 miles in charge.  The smell of brake linings wasting away all that energy was quite obvious around us  

Cannot spot the Tesla in this picture Smiley