reginos:

Roma is not supposed to be a car for the weekend but a usable everyday everywhere GT car. For a fraction of the cost someone could buy something like a BMW M850i which will do the job in a more reliable and robust way if someone wants to do some thousands km per year.

Besides the BMW looks the masculine car whereas the ROMA style is very effeminate. Probably the rich man's gf is the target market cheeky

Comparing a BMW to a Ferrari? Why not? If you remove these very expensive brands from the exotic circle and into the real world the comparison with premium cars with top functionality and technology will be inevitable. Also the matter of cost will come into play.

Apparently Ferrari need to produce more cars in an effort to create value for their shareholders and they are running out of ideas.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

The prettiest modern Ferrari to my eye is the coachbuilt Touring Superleggera. It's certainly feminine but breathtaking. The 275GTB was feminine, many of the older Ferraris are. It's only since the Testarossa that Ferrari went in a more muscular, masculine way and even then there were cars like the 612. I don't love the Roma but I understand it. I also think it looks like a love child of a F-Type (Itself a child of the Aston family) and an Alfa 8C. It's certainly not ugly but it's derivative. 

Also here's the Touring because you can never look at it enough. 2015-touring-superleggera-10_800x0w.jpg

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region