cnc:

So let's see the CGT is the "Bastard" child of Porsche, disowned by the Parent and unwanted by the siblings. It has no place in Porsche history?

Get a grip!

It is the essence of the Porsche history, a parts bin special (if you believe your own BS). A race car for the road with no peer, built by engineers who cut their teeth on race cars and bled Porsche when Porsche was bleeding. Even training the excellent crop of design and management talent which exists today. Where do you think the inspiration and demand for excellence which exists today came from? But back then it was even  more pure because objectives were less diluted (and the fumes were intoxicating and addicting). Further, it was built when creativity was at a premium and budgets were low, literally a rabbit out of a hat.

Essentially yes. Not necessarily that it has 'no place in Porsche history' but there is no line of product linked to it in any shape or form.

The cgt is a one off. there's nothing else even close to it in the entire range apart from the 997 gt cars being able to spec the seats. Not like the 959 or the 918. It's a terrific car to drive - eons better than the 4.0RS for me but I like to be realistic about what the car is or isn't wrt to 'historic value' which in any case doesn't matter hugely to me as the collectability factor doesn't affect how a car drives.

Porker:

Any less and they're an absolute bargain compared to what else is available around that price point, anything more is perhaps not supported given relatively high production numbers (F40 seems to be the odd one out here).

I'm almost willing to buy a broken one to put in my garden, just to have one. yeskiss

the cgt has the wrong horse really compared to the f40. I don't think f40 values have any link to the cgt despite their similar production numbers.

P.S it's got some mechanically very pretty bits that might work as wall decoration I admit....