Whoopsy:

So the logical next question is, how aggressive is your turn ins?

Do you take one big 'swipe' at turn ins or do you 'gradually' feeding in the lock? Gradual is a relative term of course as it's still plenty quick. "smoother' could be another description. Or say Senna style being the aggressive or Hamilton style as the smoother one.

in Germany my teammate and I share almost identical car setups, but he is of the aggressive turn-in kind and I am the gradual kind, his tire wear is much worse than mine, and needs a bit more camber than I do, but he is a faster driver overall. When I drive his setup it doesn't quite work as it understeers on me, I can't load up the outside front like he does. The reverse isn't that bad, he just wears out the fronts faster. In endurance races we always use my car unless I crashed it before.

Aggressive turn ins loads up the outside a bit more on the initial change of direction before it evens out mid corner.

Smiley I remember when I had a professional evaluation of my driving style many years ago and the instructor said I am "all over the place" and at first, I didn't have a clue what he means. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)