Whoopsy:

When is the last time you find a Porsche, any Porsche, that didn't meet or beat what Porsche says it will do?

Not Porsche's problem when others published unrealistic number and can't back them up in the real world.

As for you not believing the RWD vs AWD thing, well that's just simple physics, launching a car from rest is all about maximizing available traction, and that' a finite amount even more finite when there is only 2 wheels driven and not 4. But once the cars are going and the traction limit is no longer in effect, then the power of the car takes over. Eventually the more powerful car will overtake, the question is when, not if.

Maximizing the initial speed advantage had been the Porsche motto for a while, they never chase ultimate top speed. Look no farther than the 918 before. A P1 is faster on the top end, but on a track, a P1 never have chance. 918 powers out of every corner faster and harder, the P1 in chasing mode on every straights, with a long enough straight it can and will pass the 918, but the next corner is coming up and they will have to do the whole chase again.

It's the same for their racing philosophy also. The 919, the RSR, the GT3R all are cornering monsters and focused on corner exit speed. They all give up the top end, end of straight speed but nothing is faster exiting corners. In racing, catching and passing is 2 different thing. In the hands of a capable driver, defending a corner entry from a faster car is not that hard to do, especially in a car with a cornering advantage, one reason why Porsches do so well in racing.

Am I a Porsche fan? Absolutely. Do I think Porsche can do no wrong? Hardly. I have criticized them plenty. In private. And in public. Even in Porsche forums. I have had other brands, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, they all are excellent cars, I was one of the first to have a 12C, I still think that was an excellent car. Same with the Speciale, another car I miss dearly. The F12s and FFs I considered them highly underrated also. With all these choices, I still go back to the 911 turbo S, the old faithful. It is really that good.

That sums it up Smiley