Caymanisking:

There must be two versions of the CarWow video then as the one I saw the McLaren walked away from the Turbo S once it got into its stride on the rolling races and even on the quartermile it was catching it fast towards the end - which is consistent with the 10mph higher trap speed you would expect from the McLaren. Matt even commented how the rolling race was a foregone conclusion based on the material power advantage of the McLaren.

Mat can't even pronounce the brand name Porsche correctly, I do not expect him to be a car expert. Smiley CarWow's drag races have always been a little bit weird and often contrary to our own results in our driving circle but I guess if it is on the internet, it must be true. Smiley

The 720S drove away very slowly at a certain speed, at that time, both cars were probably already traveling in excess of 150 mph. I know the 720S well, we have two versions in our driving group, one older car and a new one. Performance is unbelievable over 200 kph, I would love to take an emissions test at those speeds above 200 kph. Smiley

The traction control of the 720S also works amazingly well, it is pretty difficult to outrun it that "obvious" in the lower speed ranges, usually everything happens in the 0-100 mph (160 kph) speed range, above that, the 720S always pulls away, not even the Pista can keep up.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)