nberry:

I don’t have a dog in this fight. I wouldn’t buy either of the cars. But Porsche is light years ahead of Tesla in just about every performance qualitative measurement. Yet this puny cobbled together Model3 at one third of the cost manages compete with the mighty Porsche which has  significant more resources and engineering prowess. 

Just maybe the US engineering is better than the ROW thinks? It’s reminiscent of the wine battles. The French and European wines were considered far superior to California wines until they ran a wine tasting test comprised of European judges. Head to head just like the wines, the Porsche juggernaut fell flat on its face. 

Better to accept this fact now. American exceptionalism is far ahead of the ROW when they put their minds to it. Get off your high horses and bow to the reality.  

Performance characteristics of a electric motor is pretty much the same across all brands, they go from zero to max rpm in just about the same time and torque output profile is pretty much the same too for a given output, very unlike normal engine where one kind will rev faster than another and torque output for the rpm range will be vastly different. Some say it's a great performance leveller, it's just a commodity now. 

The only separation would be the efficiency of the motor itself, while Tesla has bene claiming they have the most efficient one, this test shows that might have bene a lie, if they had a lead, that might not be there anymore or the margin is very slim now. 

Give the car equal tires then the Taycan will be ahead again, but as I said, with electric motors, performance is just a commodity now. Heck, even my Panamera turbo S, the pig, just using the 130hp electric motor alone, can manage 0.5g acceleration from a stop light. 

--