Leawood911:

My daughter hydroplaned her first car on the highway and walked away from a total wreckage. Lucky for her. 
As a parent teaching her to drive I failed her. It was a horrible rainstorm and the speed limit was irrelevant. Even half the speed would have been dangerous. In teaching her I failed to stress to her how important it is to first drive based on the conditions and not the speed limits. So simple yet a fatal mistake to to tell her that and make certain she understood. When whoopsy said his friend was not even speeding it brought back memories. Sounds like the exact same mistake. Glad he is okay. And it looks like a rental!

Glad she was OK, but this brings up another question. Can current TSLA products determine what a safe speed is under these circumstances, and if so, will it share that info with the driver now? It seems that if level 5 autonomy is nearly here, then maybe greater safety for human drivers could be achieved since many of the sensors and software should be available. I’m simply not familiar with any TSLA cars... Just curious...