RC:
Gnil:

Thanks Carlos for, yet, another great report . Reading your impressions after a year and already 22k km makes it the most relevant test kiss

Glad the car suits you like a glove . It must be the color indecision

Your description of driving in the twisties is exactly what I like when I take my RS through those corners . what a feeling blush

The GTS is also the car I would '' need' as a DD and somehow think I should secure one ( there is still one in white 4S on my dealer's floor with a big discount )  but at the same time , I can't justify having twice the same ( interior ) car ( my RS + GTS ) . Also my 997.2 still drives ok . 

Also happy for you that you get satisfaction out of the PDK . It is a great box .   Like you , for my next DD, when the time comes, it will be very hard to do the right choice . I am missing manual , but when I drive my 964 , after the excitement of the first hour or so, I find the whole package  way too ancient, mainly due to heavy steering, AWD, weight of the car . 

My brother , who likes manual too, races cars, but who also embraces new technologies, has a GT4 . He likes the manual, but in the city and surroundings , he would rather have a PDK ......

Never ending debate indecision

Gnil, you already have a GT3 RS, a GTS as a daily driver sounds great but I don't think it is a good idea.

I think the best choice is to have a GTS as a daily driver and something more exotic as a weekend fun car.

Before I chose the R8 V10 Plus, I was thinking about the next 991.2 GT3 or GT3 RS but with the same interior and the same "old" shape, I just was afraid this would bee too much 911 for me. Smiley

I love my GTS Cab though and it will stay with me. A Huracan would have been the perfect choice for me and I was also looking into a 650S Spider I got offered but in the end, the R8 was the best choice for me, financially and socially.

So if you get a GTS, you may want to replace your GT3 RS with a McLaren or Ferrari or whatever, only this makes sense in my opinion. Smiley

Or, if you can afford it, you can add a supercar and keep the RS. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

in my book the only cars that the GT3RS makes sense replacing with are: F458S, M675LT and F12TdF. that is if you after after that 'connected' driving experience. all others (excluding hypercars of course) will leave you disappointed somewhere.

p