hunterone:

last week I drove back to back the Taycan Turbo S and the 992 Turbo S alongside my RS6 with 3 friends.

Taycan Turbo S: more of a sports car with 4 doors and little trunk than a sedan. Low sitting position, low center of gravity, good leg room at the back but due to the foot recess, the legs are angled more and therefore not pleasant for longer distances. I stand with my head on the roof at the back. Every movement on the pedal is immediately transferred to acceleration. You have to learn to step carefully on the throttle again so that you don't get a blow in the neck all the time, similar to the 720s but here you need to use the throttle carefully to overcome traction problems. On longer straights / freeway, however, the regressive acceleration behavior is evident, and this is rather disappointing - at the beginning, brutal acceleration then slowly decreasing. I personally like a progressive characteristic like in the 992 Turbo S or the 720s a lot better. The best comes at the end and not at the beginning imho. Nevertheless, driving country roads with so much power is addicting, curve exits are the best, nothing comes close to it. But what is clear despite the low center of gravity is that the tires suffer relatively quickly due to the weight of the car, certainly not a car for drives and track days. The car has thrown all sorts of error messages in between our drive so we need to stop it and “reboot” it.

Ideal as a third car for those who don't care about money anyway, as a cool city car to show of and wen red light races 😉 or for couples without children as an electric car with all the advantages and disadvantages of electromobility.

992 Turbo S: very agile, like a smaller car, apparently the all-wheel steering works very well here. Suspension stiff, the sport mode is already too stiff for some of our bad roads. It really goes with the all-wheel drive, traction as expected no problem. But you have to take the car in your hand, casual driving at 2.5k -3k rpm is not enough to overtake quickly, you need to shift and rev. Braking is top, pushing little bit over the front wheels in tight bends, you notice a bit of the all-wheel drive. For me, in contrast to the McLaren, the upper rpm regions are not the natural habitat of the car. With McLaren you actually drive, even if you are more casual underway on the road between 3.5-5.5k rpm and you don't think anything about it, car sounds great, doesn't sound tortured or anything, and it just goes. It is somehow a subjective feeling but with the Turbo S this is not the case. If you only have one car and you can afford the car, then top. For me a boring car, and the sound …..yes

RS6: Car is clearly the most comfortable, nice and smooth with the 8-speed auto, also with the optional DRC suspension. In comparison, the car rolls more due to the higher center of gravity and the softer suspension. The seating position is not as integrated as that of the Porsche, a bit too high for me. But, if you press the throttle it goes (0-200 12 seconds), of course not like the Taycan Turbo S (0-200 10.4 seconds) or 992 Turbo S (0-200 8.9 seconds) but imho more than sufficient. The all-wheel steering makes the car nimble, the max. lateral acceleration till now was 1.3g 😊. But its the same topic as with the Taycan with the tires. The car is clearly not a sports car but a family sedan / station wagon with a fun factor. As daily driver imho perfect. I'm loving it. And the look Smiley

Great write-up & many thanks Smiley