We have that news too, unfortunately you were a little bit quicker. My Austria vacation puts some kind of slowliness to me.

I'm not sure it was a good idea to name somebody from outside the US CEO of PCNA. And I'm not sure Mr. Schwab did something wrong by providing financial advantages to Boxster buyers. Porsche car sales will slow down further. Reason? Well, slowing market economies and attractive products from other manufacturers. Why does a GT like the SL 55 AMG have 500 HP and a sportscar like the GT3 "only" 381 HP? I know there is a weight difference but most buyers go by power numbers and not by weight figures.
And the Cayenne Turbo is way too expensive and it's fuel consumption and automatic tranny more than unsatisfying.
The Boxster is underpowered, the SLK 32 AMG of my wife offers much more power and fun than the Boxster S for the same money. Yes, on the track the Boxster S outruns the SLK 32 AMG but hey, how many people drive these cars on the track?!

Porsche has to review it's model line, they have to provide a substantial power increase and finally they have to improve quality, especially dealer quality. And they have to offer more attractive options as standard equipment, the whole Exclusive stuff is just a huge money making machine and sometimes customers wonder why they have to pay money for every little thing they want on their Porsche.
As much as I'm a Porsche maniac right now, I'm looking forward to the new Lamborghinie Gallardo and other products which are around the corner. And regarding SUVs: if VW offers a Touareg with the W12 engine and 420 HP for 15000 EUR less than the Cayenne Turbo, I go for it.

I think Porsche has profited a lot from great market economies but right now, things are slowing down. They should concentrate on what they know best, not introduce new products all the time. And if the 911 lifespan becomes a very limited one, people will opt for other sportscars which are build 5 years and more. I can't afford buying a sportscar every 2 years to keep up with a new design or a engine upgrade. Right now Porsche becomes more and more a mass producer and I think I'll have to re-consider my buying options for the future. If I want mass production, I buy a Mercedes.