RC:
olli:

Not a moment too soon...strategically they definitely need to disentangle the blatantly obvious overlap and duplication among VW group product offerings in the various car segements.

Piech will probably oppose moving the R8 product slot over to Porsche...

The R8 doesn't make any sense in the Audi model family, only the RS models do.

Just today, I talked to my Audi dealer and he told me that he visited the Quattro GmbH last year and watched the R8 production. After talking to the people working there, he came under the impression that they are so proud of their job there that they are calling themselves Quattro GmbH employees, not Audi employees. Weird, isn't it? I wasn't aware of that (if true).

In my opinion, it would be a genius move if the Quattro GmbH would be integrated with Porsche and then Audi could claim that the RS models are developed by Porsche. The R8 would be a fine mid engined Porsche 960, something Porsche really needs. The current V10 engine is a treat but I doubt it would survive under Porsche management. Smiley

Well, I guess we all know this will not happen...Smiley

I doubt if the n/a V10 will survive anyway sadly, it will go the same way as all the fine non-turbo engines, sacrificied at the altar to the environment Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 R Design daily drive