Quote:
nberry said:
Quote:
Grant said:
Quote:
nberry said:It only proves that focusing on performance only is a fools quest. There will always be someone doing it better and faster.

Nick - Just because someone will always be faster doesn't make performance a fool's quest. Performance can be alot of fun, even if it doesn't come with ultimate bragging rights...

Grant,my point is ALL of us (I include myself) tend to look at performance as the holy grail in judging cars. Porsche develops it cars with the ring in mind. In the article Porsche apparently practiced several months with the CGT before the timed run so as to come in with a great number.

This car blew it away by 15 sec! It will blow away the Enzo and others by similar margins. I have no idea what this car costs but you must admit it drives home the point that performance is not all what it is cracked up to be by experts like us.

What matters is the whole package that stimulate the senses. Certainly the CGT does as well as Ferrari.As for the the rest of Porsche's; well we know how I feel.

Well, first you have to define "performance" and then tell us what is it cracked up to be so we can know whether it's not. It's doubtful more than a couple % of us here care solely about "performance" in our street cars.