Leawood911:
MKSGR:
Carlos from Spain:
Leawood911:

They have been busy. When was that Taycan promised?  Production specs have been out for a while but will obviously be exceeded by 2022. Let us just wait and see. They have been pretty successful if not timely.  Not too many upset owners out there. 

I'm not criticising why they haven't been able to bring the car to reality yet, they have other priorities and can't do everything at the same time given their relative youth and resources, I was not judging, just bringing out the point that because of this it is kind of pointless to discuss specs and comoetition of something that it is only blueprints in a drawer since 3 years ago and we still don't know when they will be able to materialize it, by the time it comes out the original specs will probably be outdated and improved upon. Personally I seriously doubt it will come out in 2022 even.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I agree 100%. Same as the pickup truck that is now supposed to swim even Smiley

You guys may not care and for this forum it is a bit out in the future but I assure you the competition cares what is 2-3 years away. They move a lot slower. Do you disagree that they care about this timeframe?  And would they care at all if Tesla was a failing company and not a threat? 
And no more car show pics of vapor ware. Lol. Not here. (Btw Tesla does not attend car shows or pay for ads. All cars they have shown in previews have been built to pretty much match the promised spec and look or better. Wish the Taycan looked like the mission e. 

You have to think outside the Tesla world, for Tesla the Roadster is important for image but I doubt other makers are worried at al about the Tesla Roadster, it is a product with a very specific niche of clients (many not cross shoppers of traditional sportscars) and low production number, wont put a dent on any maker's balance sheet.

And it is nothing makers like Porsche can make better with their knowledge of sportscars compared to Tesla, it is not a sedan, it is supposed to be a sportscar and they require a certain know-how to handle and drive like one (adding an EV engine and battery pack is the easy part), unless it is just a straight-line muscle car, in which case who cares about it then.

It is OK to talk about vaporware that is coming down the pipeline with real production dates, and another about vaporware that was announced 4 years ago and still has no realistic production date (was supposed to be out last year BTW and we are now talking about 2022 and will likely be further away). Tesla is doing the right thing focusing on money makers and not halo cars, so it is nothing to criticize (except for taking deposits for a car that they know they are not building anytime soon).

Regarding the looks of the Teslas, I guess that is a matter of taste, I find one of the worst points of a Tesla is the looks, they look so feminine and bland, like a Prius or a "sensible" people mover, put one next to a Taycan and compare, it doesn't need to look like the Mission E to ,make the Tesla look boring and unattractive, but then again they are different markets so it is not a competition between them.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS