Porker:
crayphile:

Late to the party here. I was going to mention the F50 as well. Remarkably easy to drive - even in traffic. I really don’t see how anyone can have a multiple car garage without a Ferrari V12 in it for the sound alone. If you want the sound, practicality and extraordinary handling despite a large V12 in the front  then a 812 Superfast is the answer despite its looks.

And that summarizes my thoughts/lure exactly.

I would never be tempted out of GT-Porsches unless for another 'hardcore/pure' drivers car, or it would be by the LT's or the Speciale's of the world. Similar propositions from different brands.

But that Superfast keeps popping up in my head after our testdrive. It masterfully combines what I am missing in GT-Porsches; gorgeous leather, a properly special interior with what I enjoy in a driver's car. The dynamics are sharp, the explosive power really keeps you on your toes, and the engine, well... 

Of course it still wouldn't be a machine to enjoy the Nordschleife with, but from spirited drives, to autobahn, to a tour around Europe with your better half. Smiley

Time to take advantage of depressed valuations  .