Quote:
JP66 said:
You can get the "hardwire install kit" from the V1 website. It's an easy install....you just might need to remove a few interior trim pieces to run the wire.
You can also send a private message to Mike...aka W8MM on this board...he can answer any question you have

The V1 comes with everything you need to hardwire it.

On my 996 (probably very similar to a 997) I installed the main unit just to the right of the rear view mirror (so it wouldn't interfere with the drivers sun visor). I used the sun visor clip (you need to compress it a bit to fit snuggly) and wedged it between the headliner support and roof (helps to unclip the headliner support--just tug down), so I wouldn't have any suction cup marks visible from the outside.

I wedged the power cord between the headliner support and roof. At the point where the headliner support meets the a pillar, we fished the wire between the a pillar trim and roof, without removing the trim (didn't want to risk introducing squeaks), and then removed part of the door weatherstrip and ran the wire down to the fuse panel and covered the wire when we reinstalled the weatherstrip. Tapped into a switched power source at the fuse panel. Also installed the concealed display on the steering column. Here's a few pix:

Concealed display on steering column is perfect location--easy to quickly look down, and mute button in easy reach:

You can see the sun visor clip wedged between the headliner support and roof. I also put some foam between the top of the V1 and the headliner support, which made it more stable, and also pointed more horizontally so it has a good line of sight out the rear window:

Hardly noticeable from outside: