I uploaded a few pics just to show it's here. My wife seems pleased. Her old diamond silver CLK cab was shipped to her niece yesterday, so there will be a little domino effect of happiness I hope.

In daylight the car comes off as pure black, but in the morning or evening, the true very dark brown (Mocha Black) color is more evident. I like the interior craftsmanship a great deal. And the piano black flowing lines trim breaks up the larger areas of the interior with a little more visual interest than just an expanse of wood alone.

As for driving, Aldo is certainly right, it is no sports car. Honestly, it reminds me of the 70s Cadillacs my grandfather drove. The suspension in comfort mode is too soft, almost bouncing. In sport it is more appropriate. The steering feel is a little better in the MB than those old Fleetwoods of course, but it is a little unusual on the highway because of all the drvier assist features interaction with the steering wheel. There's a little dead space at the center and a small amount of resistance to overcome before the wheel moves as you expect. But it is fun to watch it make 1200rpm at 65mph in 9th gear. As a lazy highway cruiser you can manage about 30mpg at legal speeds.

It doesn't have Android Auto or Apple Car Play. But if you hold the voice command button it will pass voice through to your phone, so Google Maps and Google Assistant are still controllable with the steering wheel. 

I normally resist purchasing anything, being more of a saver than a spender. But my wife's had her previous car since new in 2007.This one had only 20K miles, was specced with every single option available for a 2017 S550 cab (MSRP 164K) and had been serviced at my local dealer since new. It has never required any repair - I saw the service history from the dealership... With 3 years of included maintenance and an extended warranty from MB through Oct 2023, on paper it is very close to a new car. Since it was listed for just under 83K, I felt it would be a nice present for her and wouldn't be too punishing in repair, maintenance or depreciation. The fact that MB won't make an S class cab in the 223 generation meant that now was better than later. We hope this one will last for 13 years like our last MB cab.

Lastly, I want to say I really enjoy seeing all the photos and posts on rennteam over the past 16 years. Its a nice respite from some of the other demands in life. And CGX, thanks for the comments about 26 years together. We are officially co-dependent now, so we will probably make it all the way to the end.