All new built have provisions already for electrical outlets, but that's the minority. Major of buildings don't. Some might be doing retrofits, but there will be resistance within the strata for the expense. 

As for electricity is easy to get than gas, yes and no. 110V is easy and everywhere, but not 240V, unlike in Europe where every plug is 240V. Easy to hook up 240V in a detached house, not so easy with common parking, or street parking.

You know how painful it is to charge a EV via 110V. But gas stations are EVERYWHERE, you can find 4 of them in a intersection. 

Stop arguing for argument sake. I am not against adoption of EV. I am just stating the barriers currently present. The situation will improve gradually with time, but not in a short time. People aren't not going to tear down 30 year old apartment buildings just to rebuilt them to modern standard for EV provisioning. 

You and I and a few others are the lucky ones to be able to plug in the cars at home, majority don't or can't. 

Also, just calculate the current draw say in a medium sized complex with say 100 units. if every one of them converted to EV from normal cars and all plugged in at night, they all expect to have the car fully charged in the morning to go to work. That's 30A-40A each car at 240V, times 100 gets you 3000A-4000A at 240V. That's 1 MW of power needed at night, on top of the electric draw of 100 household units. Give it a 50% safety margin and that means the building will need a 1.5MW transformer installed just for the EVs. The math is easy to do. 

--