...this is pretty common. You want a Cayenne S or Cayenne Turbo within two months? I can get it for you...if you pay premium. Any more questions?

The market makes it's own rules, you can't do much about it.
I was lucky (well, with a little "camouflaged" help from PAG I guess ) to get my dealer's first Turbo back in June 2000. Many people offered me premium to sell it (best offer was 20000 DEM over the price I paid...for a 6 weeks old car with 2000 km), demand was extremely high by then. I also know a lot of people from the US who paid more than 35000 USD(!) and even up to 50000 USD(!) premium just to get a car earlier. You don't believe me? Ask around.

I even know dealers who buy cars from other dealers to satisfy customers who are willing to pay premium.

Relax, there is nothing much you can do about it.

You should have been in Germany when the Mercedes SLK showed up in 1996. 2-3 years waiting time by then, even paying premium didn't help much but just shorten the time to 8-12 months. I had a fight with my Mercedes dealer over a SLK ordered for my wife (delivery time: 19 months but 3 months later they confirmed 24 months) and I tear off the contract in front of my dealer. He was pretty annoyed, we almost went to court but finally, he checked back with Mercedes and wanted to give me a new(!) silver SLK 230 out of his (secret) stock for "special customer" like truck transportation company owners. My wife didn't want a silver one and we got out of the contract without paying anything. It pays to be a good customer and I really appreciated Mercedes's "handling" of this situation.

So if you bought several Porsche in the past few years, your chances are good to get your Cayenne pretty soon. Paying method is important too: paying cash assures fast delivery too. Well...maybe I just burnt my tongue...