apias:
RC:

... The next Panamera generation, soon to be available, will be of course better and sportier than the old one but you'll see...the competition will not stand much behind, especially those who are actually in the same company (Audi, Bentley...).

Hopefully it won't have a display sticking up in the middle of the dash. I hate this design, even if it does retract. It's like they forgot about the display when they were designing the interior, and then just stuck it in in the only place they could think of.

No, no Audi or Mercedes-like tablet display Smiley but it is kind of in the middle but seems to be integrated. 

The Audi solution is actually cool because it "pops" out whenever you need/want it and in combination with a virtual cockpit, it is just perfect. Speaking of virtual cockpit, the Panamera display is similar but not 100% digital, the rev counter is analogue. Clever idea but I like the virtual cockpit better because you could basically offer different speedo styles to choose and with a fixed rev counter, this is not really possible.

The sensor buttons work, according to "someone" Smiley pretty well but to be honest, I am skeptic. I had such buttons on my Escalade rental car (2016 model) and they sucked. Porsche uses a more advanced variant, apparently and similar to the 918 but I am still not a believer, even if they (apparently) offer tactile feedback.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)