Whoopsy:
Leawood911:

Are there some which need to be upgraded?  Most likely but you guys still don’t understand how much these cars will be charged and how.  Lastly, and this is my point, the bottleneck is not the grid. The grid will improve more quickly than they can put cars on the road to overwhelm it. It is the lack of batteries to make all those cars. The grid will be ready long before that bottleneck is resolved. 
overall the argument now is just when. Not if. Does anyone here really think that internal combustion has a future?  It may take a while but investors need to appreciate that the market reacts instantly. Much sooner than reality.  Are they wrong sometimes?  Sure, but not often and in this case it is a self fulfilling deal if the market thinks it will happen. 

If you think upgrading the grid is easy, well then god help you.

Making battery is easy, there is no government policies involved, it's simply buying enough minerals. 

Try building a new power plant. First a study on where to put it. Then another study on the environment impact. Then another study for the impact on the neighbourhood. Then deal with protests. Now IF the project get a green light, then more headaches, bidding for the contracts, suppliers, labour unions. If one starts the process now, you will be lucky to have a new nuclear plant by 2030.

Maybe you will understand more in software terms. 

Plugging in the car into the wall to charge is the easy part. Just like a secretary searching fro a database record in her office. Nothing to it. IF she is the only one or just a handful of secretaries doing that, it's fine. 

Scale that up to a whole floor, say 50. Those instant queries might saturate the 100BaseT network. Yes 100, old wiring) Doesn't quite affect the gigabit back bone yet. But when you combine another 5-10 floors, that will. 

How about a few offices like that? Even if you lay 10Gb wiring snd switches, the server still have to do the query and serves them out. The server may not have enough RAM, or the processor can't keep up. So a new server is needed. 

Is buying a new server that easy? Maybe or maybe not. The request will have to go through the IT department and then the financial department and then the board. Maybe the board will say nah, the secretaries can wait an extra 30 seconds every query. Or the will say yes and buy. But they will put out a request for bid and let a whole bunch of suppliers to bid for the contract. Then more meetings to decide which company gets the contract. 

The contractor building the server is the easy part. Upgrading the infrastructure, i.e. network cables and switch is the hard part.

We can agree to disagree. Analogies don’t work. Consider this. On average I use 1000 kWh per month. The peak load during the summer days is today three times as much as what the car draws to charge in the evening when the power companies drop the price to $0.04 to get people to take up the excess capacity.  If everyone today charges their car in the heat of summer days I totally agree with you - given current capacity - but even today if people charge off peak at home it will actually make the best use of the power delivery we currently have.  
Nick I appreciate your thoughtful reply though and I also appreciate that you make arguments without first resulting to insults and character assassination.  
If I ever cross the line I apologize. It can be frustrating to try and communicate ones positive experiences and adventures with people who are so defensive of good news.  Frankly it is their loss not mine and I have hope in human nature to eventually do the right thing.  Not that I am holding my breath for an apology. Every now and the. Some silent member will stand up for me and those posts are priceless. Thanks 🙏 

Have a amazing weekend all.