nberry:

Nick, you make good case for the turbo.

But at the end of the day, it’s a 911 4S but faster. Is that worth paying a $100,000 more for the car? I guess to some, it is. To most, it isn’t. Also, at the turbo price point, you’re looking at McLaren type depreciation. 😳 

Porsche pricing is getting crazy that's for sure, they are getting stupidly expensive as compared to the more 'exotic' brands.

But if you look at it this way: X amount for a daily sports car says a 488, plus X amount for a Sunday morning mountain carver, say a GT3RS, plus X amount for foul weather car say a Bentley, then buying a turbo to be all 3 actually saves you moneySmiley 

It's certainly true a 992 turbo S is similar to a 4S but with more power and much more expensive, but at the end of the day you will be buying a "turbo/turbo S", the badge that Porsche put on their range topper. The name simply stands for Porsche's best: 911 turbo S, Panamera turbo S, Cayenne turbo S, Taycan turbo S. 

You know the story, I had been bugging Porsche to make a Targa turbo, they said jokingly with all our 911s being turbo-ed now, I could get a Targa GTS and have my Targa turbo now. I knew and they knew it's not the same, it's missing the turbo badge. The turbo badge stands for much more than just the turbocharger, it stands for the Porsche Excellence.

It's like whiskey, Macallan 18 yrs is nice, but the 30 yr will always be better. Is it worth it to buy the 30yr instead of the 18yr when they came from the same cask figuratively speaking? Yup!

--