RC:

A guy in our weekend driving group has a 720S and while this car is a lot to handle (he is a good driver but if he plays with the traction control too much, well... angry), on the Autobahn, over 200 kph, the 720S is just...gone. High speed performance of the 720S is brutal, very close to the 918 for example (the 918 is surprisingly still faster at higher speeds). One reason I do not like driving on the Autobahn with these guys, most of the cars are similar in performance and me and my poor Lambo (and another GT3 RS guy) are the slowest. laugh On the Autobahn. 

I wouldn't be surprised if new emissions/noise regulations forced McLaren to "adjust" performance but it is also possible that, with the arrival of the 765LT, they just wanted to make sure that the 720S delivers the 720 hp promised, not the close to 800 hp measured in many real world experience 720S. They need the 765LT to be faster, even straight line and it is no secret that many 720S deliver 770, 780 or even close to 800 hp.

Does someone actually know the price tag of the 765LT?

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I heard rumours related to OPF/emission targets you need to match for first time EU vehicle registrations Smiley