Quote:
MKSGR said:
I am very positive that the tested car is not representative of the product actually sold to customers. We know this from the first tests of AMG models: initial test results were never confirmed in later tests.

BMW officially claims 14.4 secs for 0-200. Why should they understate the actual performance by one second? Also in other tests in the German press the 0-200 time was close to 15 secs.

I really do not like car companies trying to fool potential customers

I read only three different tests where the M5 has really been tested and in one test (AMS?), the 0-200 kph acceleration time was over 14 seconds (I don't remember the exact figure anymore) and in two tests, it was below 14 seconds. Of course car manufacturers sometimes play it dirty and gives cars to the press which are more powerful.
But maybe BMW has to fight with initial production quality of the engines and high power variations at the beginning.

Look at the BMW M3: I never read so many different performance figures for this car. I saw everything, from 16.7 seconds from 0-200 kph up to 19.3 seconds. How do you explain that? The 997 Carrera S for example is pretty "steady": 16.1,16.5,16.6.

I just think we should wait until the BMW M5 is actually on the street. I don't trust too much manufacturer claims and I started to mistrust car magazines test figures too. The SL55 comparison test we did vs. the 996 Turbo was a very good example for that.