Whoopsy:
spudgun:

RC ordering a Taycan in 1…2…3…4……

Bets on how long he is keeping the Taycan before finding another car? All the while saying the Taycan is different and he will keep it for a long time......................

Smiley I was planning on getting an EV for the business, the 4S would fit perfectly in the price range but unfortunately Porsche has lousy lease offers right now but maybe this is going to change over time since most people in Germany seem to want to lease the Taycan because they are scared of "old" tech after a year or two. So I could end up with a Tesla as a business car in the end but I still don't know if I really want an EV.

No, the only car I seem to want to keep is the Huracan Performante and if I had the money, I would get a Performante Spyder as well, no kidding. The Performante is just perfect, as if it was tailored specifically for my driving style and needs, unbelievable. It isn't overpowered, the ESP is not restricting at all in Corsa mode and the car tickles all my senses in a way which is difficult to describe. I was always afraid this sort of car will get a lot of negative reaction but so far, it has been the best crowd pleaser and thumbs up creator I ever drove. So no negativity here at all, unlike all the Porsche cars I have driven before. Surprisingly. 

Right now I am more interested in finding the right car for my son though and this proves to be more difficult than I thought. He wants a Dodge RAM 1500 Rebel (see photo) because it is slow and he isn't tempted Smiley but this is not a car suitable for Germany and a 18 year old kid. He wants a good sounding car, so not much to choose from. The Camaro V8 has a teen driver mode which limits the speed to slightly under 140 kph and logs the driving style. Not bad but full throttle is still possible. Then there is the Challenger V8 with the valet mode, also not bad but pretty limiting.

We'll see but like I said before, I am so happy with my Performante, the weekend fun car department is fully covered. Same goes to the daily driver department (GLC 63S AMG). Of course you can never have enough cars in your garage but for now, I am concentrating on other stuff, like finding a good university (maybe even in the US) for my girl, she wants to study computer science (I guess she finally decides what she wants).

RAM1500Rebel_04-980x400.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)