Leawood911:
Gladstone:

I am thinking that the only reasonable way to sell a used Tesla would be to request a current window sticker direct from Tesla based on the VIN. The original window sticker could easily list features that the original purchaser declined to buy and were supposed to be disabled. Failure to immediately disable the features on the part of Tesla does not make the features a permanent part of the car nor does the first window sticker.

Soon there will be a VIN app that will only charge about a dollar and then you'll know.

In the short term though, it is a bit of a shocking new reality.

The window sticker concept makes no difference. These features may be purchased after the sale or even turned on for a trial.  They do track all the options you buy for your car along the way. Never has any who purchased an option had it taken away.  This is a case of an option that was turned on without being paid for in the first place. 

I'm thinking you might have missed the point. There has to be some sort of "window sticker concept" because you CANNOT believe the features you are buying will continue to exist just because they are currently present on the car.

That is your point as I understand it; that Tesla is perfectly correct to remove features from your used Tesla purchase even though you relied on their existence and presence at the time of your purchase. I propose an electronic and current window sticker from Tesla to insure that their audit agrees with what you believe that you are purchasing since the original window sticker could be out of date information wise. How would you propose protecting the used Tesla buyer from surprise feature deletion ?  or is buying used no longer even a consideration of yours ?

Cheers Smiley