Leawood911:

Here in North America I can drive for days averaging 80 without traffic issues.  Only some limited parts of Germany have no speed limit. In the rest of Europe keeping the type of speed I do here is just a dream come true. Have you driven much in Europe?  What you think they like to do vs what they are able to do is vastly different.  The main decider is cost and availability of cheap electric power. 
I did not buy it for the subsidy or the speed I bought is because it is a superb second car next to the turbo. 
At some point you will need to actually spend more time in a 3 to form an accurate opinion. I look forward to that. It will save me time. 

3 of my last 4 Porsche were European Delivery, putting down more than 11,000km between the 3. Adding in all the Porsche event's driving and just touristy stuff, think I am up to ~30,000km driving in Europe for the last 3-4 years or so. Most of which were in Germany and around. 

When people say the unlimited section are few, it all depends on where you drive. There are a few stretches of unlimited just between Stuttgart and Hockenheim, quite a few more between Leipzig and Munich, same with between Munich and Stuttgart, all around outside of Berlin, also Munich going south to Italy or East to Austria, just to name a few examples. 

Did I tell you the time when I was doing 260km/hr in the 911R and got blown by a 2.0L Jetta?

Topping 330km/hr in the GT2RS was fun too. 

Also blown away a Model S in my Exclusive going from limited section to unlimited could be the highlight also. 

BTW, in Italy, the speed limit is just a suggestion, if you drive a nice car the Police won't bother you, they might even give you a thumbs up. I love driving in Italy. 

--