Whoopsy:
Mithras:
Whoopsy:
nberry:

I disagree. There are many EV vehicles on the road today. I suppose you could argue price range but if that is the case how can you compare a $80,000 EV to a $185,000 EV?

Any way you cut it, Tesla wins whenever you compare it to Porsche.

That's why you don't. They are not comparable.

People don't compare Camrys with Rolls Royces. The Camry wins too.

Except that the Taycan is nowhere near a Rolls Royce and the Tesla is moderately (but demonstrably) better than a Camry. Still it's a thin field and while there is a large difference in the two there is an equally large distance between a Nissan Leaf and a Tesla.

Still the decade old Tesla stays with the Porsche in a lot of areas and if you don't think there's cross buying you're foolish. I know a lot of people that are moving from Tesla to the Taycan. I also know a bunch that have cancelled their Taycan orders and kept the Tesla. 

Exactly what I have been saying. They are not really competing in the same segment. 

Before, Tesla is the only game in town, you can be Bill Gates or Joe Gates, doesn't matter your bank account balance, if you want a nice EV one can only buy a Tesla. Now with the Taycan people can move up a category to the Taycan. No brainer for them. But for others they don't see themselves stretching up to the Taycan as the Tesla is good enough and keep the Teslas.

Isn't it fabulous to have choices now? People can buy a e-Tron, I-Pace, or wait for the up coming Mercedes if they want a EV crossover and not stuck with a Model X. Even Tesla's own upcoming Model Y could be an option too.

Had a few friends who owns the Model 3 but traded them in for a e-Tron after riding in mine. The longer range is pointless to them and they much prefer a nicer interior. 

Wait a few more years and there will be even more choices. Audi's coming up with the e-Tron GT to slot between the Model S and Taycan too. 

Audi e-tron GT concept looks great so far... Smiley

Smiley