CGX car nut:
Boxster Coupe GTS:
Grant:
Whoopsy:

If I want a manual Porsche, there is about 50 years worth of production on the road right now for me to choose.

I would agree, if I didn't want a warranty and Euro Delivery Smiley

I agree GTS is just as good as GT4 for the street.  But for track, the bigger wheels, tires, brakes and adjustable suspension are big benefits...

Porsche Cayman GT4 RS will have PDK shifter...  1554541446878image.gif

DB5D8141-D3E6-4F0B-96E3-3467633A38D0.jpeg

...get your name on the VIP waiting list Whoopsy! Smiley

Not sure why Whoopsy is opposed to a normally aspirated flat six GTS with a manual transmission.   Without the additional volume of the GTS model, it would be extremely difficult for Porsche to make a valid business case for the new 4.0 liter flat six engine for the GT4.  

I am not opposing the GTS with manual. I am opposing that it is manual only. The manual GTS literally will be competing against just about the same customer base as the GT4. 

The GTS will be capable enough on a track for 95% of their clients, the other 5% will be the one that needs a GT4 in order to perform better. 

For mostly street driving, the GTS will be the better car. Restricting it to manual only limits the sales number. Offer both like they do on 911 GTS and that new engine will practically pays for itself.

--