Had the GTS comes with PDK as standard, the yes your argument make sense, But it’s not, it comes manual just like a GT4. Here is no differentiation anymore. For those that couldn’t get a GT4 from their dealer or think a GT4 is too expensive, they will get a GTS 4.0. 

Giving it a manual is the biggest mistake Porsche can make. They are overestimating the demand for manual car. Yes they have steady customers asking for manuals, but the are of the same group of customers, not new ones. Why pay more for a GT4 when the GTS is cheaper but just about as good, especially on the street.

I want the flat 6 in a Boxster/Cayman configuration, but I don’t want a manual. I do not have a choice right now. Maybe I will just go get myself a Z4 instead. I asked already, since the GT4 is manual only, can I get a 4.0 in PDK.? The answer is no, and they just lost one sale immediately right after the announcement. Even if they give it the PDK treatment later down the production cycle, that likely would be took late already.

If I want a manual Porsche, there is about 50 years worth of production on the road right now for me to choose.

--