-alin2
5 minutes before I bought the Graco booster, I was in the local dealership looking at the Porsche items. The seat for the real little ones looked completely stupid because of the massive foam padding. I believe the "Zoom" is the one for greater than 30lbs and that one also appeared very large. Most importantly, both were shown in the front seat because when you buy them from the dealer, the dealer installs a front airbag deactivation switch. I also believe Britax is the manufacturer and we have the Marathon? seat in my wife's XC90 in the second row. Again, by NH law and my own safety concerns, she won't ride in the front seat. This narrowed my options completely because the back seat is shallow and slim. I wanted to permanently install one so that I always have the option of taking her in my car. My 4 year old daughter is 34lbs and barely makes the minimum weight for most the booster seats. Hopefully your son will make the minimum weight by your delivery. And yes, I felt the booster was too big at the base in its original size and I felt I did a really good job cutting it down. I even used sandpaper for metal to smooth all the rough plastic edges. At $50 bucks you can't beat the fit and all the surgery was done so that you can't see the ugly cuts. If I see a better booster with a smaller base(whatever the price)I will buy it and modify it.
-booger
I held mine until I got out of the car. I'm that anal.