Grant:

I find this car so much more interesting than 918.  I wonder how 918’s successor will be?

"Interesting" is an appropriate word for the Carrera GT.

I have owned both a Carrera GT and a 918 Spyder.  I now own just the 918. Smiley

My early Porsche dealer, Chuck Stoddard, interviewed me before he would recommend which Porsche he should encourage me to buy.  He said, "There are two kinds of Porsche customers.  One likes to look at them and the other likes to drive them.  Which one are you?" 

Since I answered "drive", the 918 is far superior to the Carrera GT for my driving enjoyment.  My Carrera GT always felt like it was trying to kill me when I drove it very quickly.   The 918 feels more like an extension of one's athletic body.  The 918 can almost be 2-fingered through maneuvers that would put the Carrera GT into vast amounts of tire slip while staying on the road is not guaranteed.  In that car, it's easy to "get behind in one's steering".

I was once seated next to Bobby Rahal at an event and the topic of conversation turned to the Carrera GT.  His comment was, "Those things oversteer like crazy!" Smiley  So the observation is not mine alone.

The Carrera GT engine sounds great, the car is very fast and it's beautiful.  But I don't need beating back the angel of death as a reaffirming life experience.  I just like to enjoy driving.  I like my 918 much better.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T