Ah, yes now I remember that the original point of contention is modification rather than upgrading to a new car.  I have made just a few changes to my GT3 (RE10 brake pads, Endless brake fluid, Tarett Brake caliper mounting studs, and track alignment).  I did these to make the parts last longer primarily (brake pedal no longer gets soft and both pads and rotors last longer on track and alignment made to prevent such fast tire wear.  Caliper studs prevent stripped aluminum uprights with multiple pad/rotor changes). 

For alignment, my shop put in a slight amount of toe out on front axle which is supposed to reduce mid-corner understeer and scrubbing of front tires, at the expense of some highway stability.  And the usual bit more of negative camber. It's not too bad on highway and waiting for this weekend to try on track.  Can return to street toe alignment for $100.  And if it makes the lap time slightly faster, all the better. Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi