I get RC's and Nick's points, although I think they have been a bit vague at what they mean about the percentage of capability of the car being unused. 

Anyway, I've had the pleasure of meeting Dan (Kobalt), Peter (Trakcar), Frank (Porker), Nick (Whoopsy), Dave Gordon, Eric (Gnil), Achim (Porsche-Jeck), Boris (Ducky), and others at the Nurburgring and elsewhere.  As a group, I'm very impressed with the level of skill of these guys as drivers and the enjoyment that they wring from their cars. 

Not F1 grid skills, but I feel like they are receiving the vast majority of what a modern street going GT car can offer an amateur owner (in performance and fun).  To the extent that upgrading to a newer and faster GT is not wasted on them (since they never scratched the surface of what their current cars can do) which was the original point, I think...

Nick - without meaning to be accusatory, it seems like maybe you are projecting your own experience of RS ownership onto others.  Just because you derive enjoyment from your RS apart from the racetrack and are very candid about your own limitations as a driver (who does not exploit more than 75% of his own car), that doesn't necessarily mean it is true of the whole group.

You should join the group at the next Nordschleife outing and have a ride with some of these guys and give your assessment in percentage afterwards Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi