bobr:

I think we will see VW and Porsche in particular offer a more blended model mix. We have already seen Porsche hedge their bets with the next generation of the Macan.  The timeframe for the transition of the model mix to EVs is possibly going to take longer than what the auto industry originally forecasted. 

I wonder what percent of car enthusiasts like me, who have driven cars like ... , are like me and will never buy another ICE car. To me my Turbo will be my last ICE and I doubt I will even drive it often. Bought a battery tender last week for it. My first purchase like that ever for one of my Porsche’s. They never used to sit for more than one day. 
So I think the change is here, now, for me.  And you know my anecdotal report of people I give rides to. They are fall into the same camp immediately. If you disagree and you have not been in an EV perhaps it is time you try. 
Pretty strong prediction about VW leading EV production. We will see. That $1000 stock price I predicted for a certain American car startup is looking better than the bankruptcy predictions. Lol.