Today, I had to take a look at the AMG GT...again...to make sure I really don't (or maybe do) like this car.

No, I just can't get used to it and I wouldn't be happy with it, so I scratched this off my (imaginary) buying list. The offer from the dealer was quite OK, basically a new car (800 km) for acceptable money but I just couldn't do it. This car is not me.

Now I'm back to Audi...and this time, it is the RS6 Performance or the new(!) R8 V10 Plus. My Audi dealer made me an offer I cannot refuse (for both!), so now I'm not sure what I should do.

I always wanted a Lamborghini and the new R8 V10 Plus is basically a Huracan in Audi disguise.

I cannot talk precise numbers here, the Audi dealer is a customer (I didn't know that until last week) and he offered me two of his testcars (right now they barely have 500 km...) at a very special price (lease, financing, buying, whatever I want) because he wants me as a new customer and he is a high volume dealer. Just as a hint: The R8 had a MSRP of 210k EUR, now it is 170k EUR... Smiley Car was registered...this month, it is brand-new. Same goes to the Audi RS6 Performance, MSRP 147k EUR, "my" price would be 120k EUR. Registered...this month.

Now I don't know what to do: The R8 V10 Plus is a treat, I sat in this car this morning (drove it last year...) and that virtual cockpit is really nice, incl. the whole interior quality. Only thing I'm not a fan of: That huge rear wing but I could live with it. The RS6 Performance is a very nice family car, very spacious, very good interior quality as well but of course no sports car.

I still have the C4 GTS Cab, so the R8 doesn't really seem to make sense but my stomach points towards the R8, only my brain says RS6.

Just wanted to let you suffer with me...it will be either the R8 or the RS6, haven't decided yet though. Wife loves the R8 but says it doesn't make sense, she hates the RS6 but wouldn't mind if I take it because it has four seats. Son wants the R8, daughter wants the RS6, so... 

Do I need any of these cars? Well, the R8 would replace the GT500 as a weekend fun car. The RS6 would replace the Jeep as a family car. So both cars make somehow sense but I do not really need them. I like both though but like I said, the R8 would be my favorite since this is the closest I will get to a Lamborghini for the next couple of years. The RS6 however is a very nice family commuter and I would really enjoy it. Maybe I should take both(dealer would make an even better price for both)? Smiley Nahh...I'm not that crazy (and wealthy).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)