CGX car nut:
Leawood911:
CGX car nut:
Wonderbar:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-electric-cars-still-dont-live-up-to-the-hype/2019/12/30/242ce200-2b29-11ea-bcd4-2459...

Not much new here, but worth a post...

However, the author does fairly point out that the legacy auto makers are entering the EV market, not based on consumer demand, but instead to meet regulations on carbon emissions.  With a price delta in favor of ICEs and other limitations, including low incentives, the consumer, in North America and parts of the EU have shied away from EV adoption.  

The next few years should prove very interesting for the automakers and the regulators.

let me assure you consumer demand will not be focused on ICE vehicles in the future.  100% of everyone who has driven or ridden in my car will buy an electric car next.  And that is already more people than have ridden in all my last cars.  I give so many rides I feel like an Uber. Maybe 75 people in one month.  They are not just thinking about it. They would never go back. It amazes me except it feel the same way.  None of those people was thinking of the environment either. Rest assured. The automakers are not doing this for regulations. Lol. They have driven these cars and know their time is up. Their investments are stark proof. Their denial is just to stall for time. 

Classic example of selection bias but if it makes you feel better, okay. 

I’m talking about electric cars in general - once the infrastructure is in place like here in the Midwest. Taking into account our low cost of power at home. There is no comparison.  ICE cars around here will be like old tube TVs except for classics. It makes me feel better to let you know what is coming. It is just a matter of time. In Europe you will have lots more time but that should not make you feel better.