Leawood911:
Whoopsy:

But what is autonomy driving for in the first place?

It's for people to avoid driving in traffic and let the car drive itself in traffic.

I really don't see any other uses for autonomous driving. 

A pointless gimmick. 

You lost me. Is the remote control for your tv just to show you the schedule of shows and then you get up to change to that channel?  
Autonomous driving is about not needing to drive at all. It is not about route planning.  Are you just being silly by claiming you don’t know the difference between route panning and driving?  In your case it is a pointless gimmick then. I agree.  Wow

By definition you need a route to drive don't you? Smiley

Autonomous driving means taking the driver out of the equation for driving, so the car pick the route instead of the driver, yes?

So smart routing would be a great asset to autonomous driving then? Without smart routing, literally the autopilot program is just going to follow instructions from like Google Maps. 

Take a step back to see the bigger picture, don't just focus on words to argue for argument sake.

As for the TV remote comparison, human driving is human using their fingers to press buttons to change channels, autonomous driving is like the computer pick a channel for you to watch, you don't get to choose. 

--