Carlos from Spain:

Normally I just ignore your posts but this is just too funny

Leawood911:

Spend some time in the model3 prior to commenting on how it works.  That would be a big help.  

I do not believe the model 3 has a drive facing camera. 

Apparently it hasn't helped you much:

https://electrek.co/2017/08/01/tesla-model-3-driver-facing-camera-autopilot-tesla-network/

Tesla does quite a bit to check you are paying attention. If all you do is touch the wheel now and then it will turn off auto steer until the next drive if it thinks you are not paying attention

We all know the system disengages autopilot if it detects the driver is not applying some torque to the wheel from time to time but the system is setup so that it is very easily fooled and useless, as we can see from all the people running around asleep in traffic or crashing while watching a movie on a laptop, yet the phone I'm typing this on is keeping the screen on even if the screen timeout goes out because it can detect my eyes looking at the screen with the front facing camera. It's that simple.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Again. Spend some time driving the car. I noted that I did not think it had a driver facing camera. It is not one the owner uses. Also if all you do is touch the wheel when it tells you it will eventually not even accept that. This is what I meant by many things they watch for. My posts are not meant to be silly and you can ignore them if you want but like I said drive one for a few days so you get a better understanding of what you are talking about. 
The point itself it that it is currently a drive aid mostly due to regulatory restrictions. In the end you can not deny it is the future. Saying it is not perfect is obvious to all of us. All cars have brakes yet you also understand that the brakes need to be used properly. You would not avoid cars that have brakes because someone did not use his in time ???  So are you arguing there should be no advances in autonomy or that there is a specific better way to do this ?  We are talking as much about training people as we are cars.  You may need extra people training.