Destroying the amazing V10 n/a setup by adding turbo chargers to it? Oh boy, I hate this stuff.

Only (kind of) acceptable tuning for the V10 is the supercharger setup, which works pretty well and is very very reliable since it doesn't add too much power and torque (claims vary from 800 to 900 hp but in reality, the supercharger seems to add around 100-120 hp, which improves especially the 200 kph to Vmax performance). Also, the supercharger doesn't seem to change the exhaust tone/sound much, which is an added plus.

Actually, I am surprised that Lamborghini didn't add a supercharger to the Performante or Evo, it would have pushed these cars into the 720S performance league. I guess emissions and additional stress to drivetrain parts weren't easy tasks to solve, so...

The bi-turbo setups of the V10 often make serious problems, especially if power exceeds 1000 hp. For short drag races, these setups (up to 2000 hp and more) are OK but for everything longer than 30 seconds, they are a no go.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)