Whoopsy:

I seriously think there is something wrong with Tesla's marketing department. They keep picking the wrong target segment for their products. 

Toyota tried so hard for so long with their Tundra to penetrate the full size pickup truck segment, yet they barely making a blimp on the radar. What makes Tesla think they could just walk in and take it? 

Proper target segment would have been the mid-sized truck segment, primary aiming for the Ridgeline and Tacoma. Most of those are city pickups and a Cybertruck would have been the perfect weapon to take over that segment. I can see the appeal of this truck over the 2 for city living millennials. They got much more utility over the Model 3 or S or X. And if they kept the pricing then it will only be slightly more expensive, but not a stretch for buyers. 

I see this truck has quite a bit of potential to literally kill the imports, if only they sized it right. Shrink the car by say 10-20%, keep most of the spec and I think they would have a winner. 

This is like repeating the Model S fiasco. That would have been a nice product to compete in the mid size segment against E class and 5 series and such, but for some unknown reason they wanted to go against S class and 7s with a very sub par interior for the class.

At least they got the Model 3 segment right, the entry level premium car, taking over sales from Acura, Lexus, Infinite. And some luxury car buyers from Mercedes C-class and BMW 3s go down half a class to buy it.

What makes you think that Tesla actually has a marketing department beyond the whims of Musk?

An even more powerful example of illustrating the pitfalls of the U.S. full-sized pickup truck than Toyota is Nissan.  Nissan, much like Toyota, had a loyal customer base for its compact pickups and its mid-sized SUVs, therefore, it seemed natural to migrate to the higher margin full-sized truck sector.  Its first effort received lukewarm praise and Nissan's second effort literally aped the Ford F-150.  Nissan's second generation truck is performing even worse than before.  

What TSLA needs is a portfolio of crossovers from large to mid-size to compact.  This is the sweet spot of a growing market.