Leawood911:

Awesome. You guys are no longer grouping those who’s options you don’t like into marginalized populations. Progress. 
lf Whoopsy had driven more than 10 minutes he would have noticed that regen  braking can be turned off - why one would want that is a mystery. Also you don’t have to press the gas because with regular use you get into the auto steer and the worlds best cruise control.  Silly not to use them if you don’t want to press on the gas. This is also what I do in the Porsche if I don’t want to hold down the gas. Please let me know if you have a better method I’m not hip to.  The interior reminds me a bit of a b&o stereo. After looking at it, which my ocd loves, all the other cars with their over complicated and fluffy interiors look like whore houses. 
a couple of things no one mentions - Tesla super charging is free. How free is it for the Porsche?  How expensive are those other chargers you guys like so much because they are not free super  chargers. Does the power from Tesla smell funny?  The you mention you can drive yourself. Like the pdk argument in reverse. Also a handy way to ignore that the Porsche can not drive itself. Kind of a big feature.   So to recap. One charges free and drives itself. Costs half as much and in some tests smokes the Porsche. All you have is worries about not doing a ring lap while Tesla is turning model 3 into robo taxis and yellow cabs. How many Porsche’s would survive as a cab?  
skiped right over the No commercials part and how the other companies would kill for such satisfaction from customers. Oh well. I guess if your eyes can stomach a clean slate interior, you don’t mind driving yourself all the time and charging cost are no factor then by all means own the Porsche or Audi or whatever. No one wants you to buy what you don’t like. Just pointing out that your conclusion may not make any sense to others (with a budget or a desire to be safer). 
Finally. Note the expert way the return policy was retracted from. Drive it for 10 minutes and returned it. That’s is the max return for everyone else.  Again I would challenge any other automaker to offer 7 day returns. Think about how amazing that is. To dismiss it is nuts but a good measure of the power of groupthink.  
keep the rationalization coming.  Very enlightened by it. Certainly not convinced or impressed by the logic. 

Leawood buddy! It is this really you? The one we have been hanging out here with for the last decade or so? The writing style seemed................so cultist. Sorry to be blunt but there is no way around it. Every 'point' you made is twisted fact attempting to justify whatever choices Elon has made to the car.

Like that regen braking part. Did you know why Tesla has 'developed' one pedal driving? Tesla aren't able to blend regen braking with physical braking, something even Prius can already btw, not just PAG, so he wired the brake pedal as a conventional brake and program the throttle to be in regen mode the moment one lift off. It's actually not a feature but a 'defect' of the car. My e-Tron defaults to drive like a normal car, and that's much better than what Tesla default to. Why should I have to go in the menu and dig for 5 mins to find the button to turn off regen braking?

And why should I use cruise control? Being an advanced version of cruise control does't make it better. It's the most dangerous thing, well second most after touch screens, inside a car. For drivers to stay alert driving, the driver needs to be engaged, constant steering input and throttle input. Tesla's autopilot is trying to take away both, what for? Does Tesla wants their drivers to fall asleep in the car? That's dangerous. Since the beginning of time, I have never ever engaged cruise control once ever in all my cars. There is no point. Not even during the long long long stretches of empty highway in the Nevada desert. I need to stay alert for wild life that might jump onto the highway and be prepared for it.

And you diss about the PDK, oh boy. Anyways who says a peddle shifter is not as engaged as a stick shift? Slap it to manual mode and it is just like the peddle shifter in my race car, very engaging if you ask me. And even in auto mode, the peddles are still active and I can change gears whenever I feel like, just like a stick shift. 

Oh yeah the 'minimalist' interior. You want to know why? Elon wants to save cost. All those little switches and buttons cost money, he takes them all away and and used the touch screen to control everything, much cheaper as it's just lines of codes for the OS and his programmers are fixed cost asset. If that minimalist is really that great, why didn't he put the steering control and throttle and brake control inside the touch screen too?

--