Leawood911:

Plenty of test have shown the model S running in less than 2.3 and about a second quicker through the quarter mile. If Porsche wants to celebrate beating a 7 year old car by a few tenths for double the price while still not having the range of autonomy that is awesome. Go fit and finish. I doubt it will last long as the new model s now know what it needs to do. If they care.  

whoops has a bit too much schadenfeude and is totally absorbed in thinking people hate porsches. Or whatever. We simply like cars.  And we like to spend our money smartly. As nberry put it - it’s an EV. Luxury is beat out by features, range and fun. 

Incidentally, it's still the current car. It's Elon's fault for not updating the car. Well he sort of did, Raven drive train I believe is called the update. But literally since there is no marking on the outside nor a specific change over date, it's hit or miss which car you get. Literally the car behind on the production line could well be having the newer hardware.

And most of those tests are ran on prepared drag strips. With sticky compound on the surface. So Top Gear only did the right thing, since their test car there was even slower, they find a faster time to compare. And they still get shit on by the Tesla crowd, go figure.

You just don't get it Leawood, it's not people hate Porsches. It's the Tesla fanboys that HATES people that don't agreed with them. If you offer something else, they would go to the end of the world to refute whatever you would offer and trash it to pieces. Like right now I love my e-Tron, it's a better competitor to the Model X. What do I get back? "Your e-Tron can't go as far on a tank", "Your e-Tron don't have autopilot", "Your e-Tron can't do faster 0-60 than a Model X" etc. 

The hate originated from the Tesla crowd, they simply can't stand anything that could be better than their beloved Tesla. 

The car world outside of the Tesla circle hasn't changed. It's the Tesla people that keep changing their goal post. When the ICE car crowd dissed the Tesla having less range than normal cars, the counter argument from them was that range doesn't matter, it's enough for people that charges at home at night and who do long distance drives anyways. And guess what? Now the Tesla crowd changed the narrative and use that range argument against the e-Tron, the iPace, etc, dissing the competition as having less range. Literally the Tesla crowd wants the cake and eat it too. They can't make up their own mind. 

When Porsche started the Mission E project, Tesla was the only game in town as a premium EV with performance in mind. Tesla were and still is the standard others measured to. Just like 911 is the standard all sports cars used to judge against. Nothing wrong with that. Now that the final car is out, and Porsche disclosed that they are not aiming at the Tesla segment but the luxury space above it, price wise and performance wise, the Tesla people are throwing a tantrum about it. Like seriously Porsche isn't even playing in the same pond, Just like the Nissan Leaf isn't playing in the same pond as Tesla also. One don't see Nissan Leaf and it's customers throwing a fit about Model 3s. These behaviour are completely childish and uncalled for.

A street goes both ways, but sadly according to the Tesla crowd it's always a one way street in their favour.Smiley

Honestly, Tesla and Taycan can coexists, it's not one or the other. People that buys the Taycan would have never consider buying a Tesla in the first place because of the price difference. Maybe a few well off people that wanted a luxury EV will switch car from Tesla to Taycan, that's about it, Model S was the only game in town before, no matter how rich you are, you are still limited to buying a Model S, now they can go higher in class and buy the Taycan. 

Now you say you are very happy with your Model 3, good for you, I am also very happy with my e-Tron too, especially I get to save 80k buying the Audi instead of the Model X. it has features and luxury over the Model X and cheaper too boot, now that's call spending money smartly.

--