speedster first impressions 2 / 3

Unlike the R, it was not possible to check two options that I find very nice.

This is the lithium-ion battery and the flywheel mono mass.
The lithium battery is about fifteen kg less and the mono-mass flywheel, it is what allows to give even more vivacity to the engine at the expense of vibrations, a more pronounced acyclism and a particular noise , not necessarily very beautiful but so evocative for the one who loves the living mechanics.
In RS 4.0 the mono mass flywheel is standard, in the R, it is an option, in the Touring and SPEEDSTER, it is not proposed.
We lose a lot in mechanical feeling. So, it's true that in a SPEEDSTER, a lifestyle product as Porsche says, it may be incongruous, but I think I would have checked the option if it had been possible.

In short, the SPEEDSTER is more of a roofless Touring than a roofless R. And besides, this is immediately felt in driving.
Indeed, I expected a chassis like the R or even more flexible than R.
Surprise, it is not at all the case. It is steeper but it is also much more rigorous it seems to me.
The SPEEDSTER is very precise, fits well, runs well ... like a GT3 or Touring if you prefer that is a GT3 without a wing ! you follow ? 

The R is much more nervous, playful, the SPEEDSTER is serious but not boring !
I have already made some fears with the R because its specifically calibrated rear wheels and specific damping make it particularly lively when you have fun with it.
It is quite successful on this point.
I have always wondered if Porsche had not taken the exact opposite of the 991.1 GT3 RS which is very effective but I found particularly boring except on circuit.
I think Porsche has also sought to find the living side of the 997 GT3 / RS but that it requires to look for this behavior with the 991 while it is more natural with a 997 GT3 / RS.
The wheelbase of the 991 larger than that of the 997 offers more stability but less fun naturally.
It is thanks to the rear steering wheels that Porsche manages to recreate agility at low speeds while conversing with stability at high speed.
It's always the same thing, efficiency against agility, stability against fun ...

The chassis of SPEEDSTER is particularly rigid, it does not squeak, it does not squeak, I think it's very serious.
Overall, the build quality is excellent. We will see in time but it's rather reassuring at first glance.

In short, the SPEEDSTER is really a 991 GT3 phase 2, Touring or not with a BVM (standard in a Touring).
So, I wonder what can be used in the sport mode chassis except on a "billiard" or on a circuit while on the R, I tend to put it in certain circumstances.
The gearbox is like the R, soft, precise, well locked and the clutch is also effortless. Nothing to do with the gearbox of RS 4.0.

There is the famous button now called "auto blip", "sport" in the R, which realizes for you, the famous heel / toe with a small shot of gas really well dosed.
It's hard to do that as well, in all circumstances. I especially love a car like the SPEEDSTER which is more accessible to all drivers.
Beyond all these technical considerations, there is real pleasure to ride on small roads at a steady pace and the car only asks for that.
In a way, it makes me think of the bigger better boxster S, not really heavier but much more powerful.
This pleasure is more intense hair in the wind of course and as by chance the bakery Sunday morning away a little more each day ...